Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I choose customized gift wrap, ribbon, gift tags and messages on my orders that are gifts?
Yes, we have a variety of options to make each gift customized to meet your needs. Birthdays, Corporate and Private Events or gifts of appreciation, Ganong will help make each gift unique.
2) How long will Ganong Chocolatier chocolates keep their fresh taste?
Our hand-dipped chocolates will stay fresh tasting at room temperature for up to 6-8 months, as long as they are kept away from heat and humidity. Specifically, the temperature should not exceed 70 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity should remain below 60%. Avoid direct sunlight.
Our Delecto boxed chocolates have a 10 to 12-month shelf life from time of purchase if cellophane is unopened. It is recommended however, to consume any boxed chocolates within 2-3 weeks of opening to experience the highest of quality of our chocolates.
3) How should I store the chocolates if I want to keep it fresh tasting for more than two weeks?
To store chocolate for up to eight months, place package in two plastic bags, close tightly and refrigerate.
4) How do I bring the chocolates to room temperature once it is removed from storage?
Keep chocolates in plastic bags until the entire package comes to room temperature. This will take approximately two hours if it was stored in the refrigerator, six hours if it was stores in the freezer. NOTE: do not place the chocolates in direct sunlight at any time. Chocolate is sensitive to heat and will experience what we call blooming.
5) There is some white spots on my chocolates, is this mould?
If chocolate has been stored in temperatures higher than 70 degrees Fahrenheit, it may experience what is called ‘blooming’. Blooming is a whitish coating that appears on the surface of chocolates. There are two types of bloom: Fat bloom and sugar bloom. Fat bloom is the most common result of the fat crystals in the chocolates rise to the surface.
WEDDING AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
1) Does Ganong have any discounts on large orders?
1) What products are Gluten Free?
Currently all Ganong and Chocolatier products are 100% Gluten Free.
2) What products are Peanut Free?
The following products are 100% Peanut Free: A. B. Gums, Jelly Beans, Spearmint Leaves, JuJubes, Marshmallow Santa Bars, DT Mints, Wintergreen Lozenges, Licorice Babies, Orance & Lemon Slices, and all Sunkist products.
3) What products contain egg?
Assorted Chocolates 187-g and 348-g; Chocolate Indulgence 425-g; Assorted Nut & Caramel.
Please see individual product information regarding allergen statements. Please contact us for more information that you do not find on individual product descriptions.
1) Does Ganong offer factory tours?
Ganong does not offer tours of factory at this time. There are tours of The Chocolate Museum where you can explore the history of Ganong Bros., Limited. There you will also see the Chocolatier hand-dip studio making our gourmet hand-dipped chocolates.
2) How does Ganong come up with ‘new product’ ideas?
Hand-dip artisans at the Chocolatier studio constantly creating recipes for new products that would be sold exclusively at our Chocolatier boutique and online.
We also have a Product Development team that is dedicated to continued knowledge on confectionery trends.
3) How can I apply for work at Ganong factory or Chocolatier Boutique?
For a listing of all current openings at Ganong visit our Careers page. This area of the site includes a list of current job openings, submission deadlines and the ability to submit your resume and application form online www.ganong.com/careers
4) Where can I buy Ganong products in retail stores?
Ganong branded products such as Delecto, Chicken Bones and Fruitfull are sold nationally across Canada at various grocery, mass merchandisers and drug stores. To find out where our products are sold near you please contact us at 1-888-270-8222.
5) What is Ganong’s policy on Donation requests?