Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
- Shipping & Tracking
- Ganong Chocolates
- Wedding & Special Occasions
- Ingredient & Allergy Information
- General Inquiries
SHIPPING & TRACKING
1) When will my order ship?
We offer standard ground or express shipping options for your orders within Canada and the United States. Standard shipping will arrive within 5-10 business days.
- 2 Day delivery – If you place your order before 1 PM AST on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, your order will ship the same day that it is received and arrive within 2 business days. If you place an order after 1PM AST, your order will ship the next possible business day. Orders placed after 1 PM AST on Wednesday may ship out the following Monday for arrival on the following Wednesday.
- Next Day – If you place your order before 1 PM AST on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, your order will be shipped the same day for arrival the next day. If you place an order after 1 PM AST, your order will ship the next possible business day. Orders placed after 1 pm AST on Thursday will ship out the following Monday for arrival on Tuesday. NOTE: Due to the perishability of our product, we do not ship over the weekends for arrival on Monday.
- Saturday Delivery – we are happy to ensure Saturday delivery. Orders must be received by 1 PM AST on Friday in order to arrive the following Saturday.
2) Will Ganong ship orders overseas?
Please contact us directly for International shipping rates and order inquiries. Phone: 1-888-598-8811 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to inquire about wholesale opportunities please contact our Sales department.
3) Can you ship chocolate during warm weather or to warmer parts of the United States like California?
Yes, we can ship Ganong products during warm weather and to warm climates in the United States all year long. Each package is filled with a thermo ice pack and shipped only on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to prevent chocolates sitting on a truck in a warehouse during the weekend.
4) Can I ship to a P.O. Box?
Yes, we accept orders to P.O. Boxes. NOTE: We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes during the months of April to October. You must provide a street address for your order. Be sure to include appropriate suite or apartment numbers when necessary to ensure delivery.
5) Do you offer same-day shipping?
At this time Ganong does not offer same-day shipping.
6) Why did I get charged tax?
Ganong will charge applicable taxes to your order for the province/state that is listed on the shipping address.
8) Will I receive an order confirmation?
An order receipt will be sent immediately to your email address after placing your order. You will receive an order confirmation email with your order number, order total and optional gift message within two hours of placing your order. Please review this information as soon as possible to ensure all addresses, items and arrival dates are correct. If you need to make any changes to your order, contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-888-598-8811. Please state your order identification number and billing name so we are able to assist you in a timely matter.
9) Will I receive a shipping confirmation?
If you do not receive your order within 5-10 business days of your order confirmation email, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-598-8811 to request tracking information for your purchase.
10) Can I create an account after I start placing my order?
Yes, after your order is complete you will be asked if you would like to create an account or be added to our Club 1873. Activating an account will make ordering easier for you in the future. Becoming a member provides you with exclusive offers and coupons on our products. You will also receive newsletters and be the first to hear about new product launches, promotions etc.
For more information about our Club 1873 visit the page: www.ganong.com/Club1873
Return to Top
1) Can I choose customized gift wrap, ribbon, gift tags and messages on my orders that are gifts?
Yes, we have a variety of options to make each gift customized to meet your needs. Birthdays, Corporate and Private Events or gifts of appreciation, Ganong will help make each gift unique.
2) How long will Ganong Chocolatier chocolates keep their fresh taste?
Our hand-dipped chocolates will stay fresh tasting at room temperature for up to 6-8 months, as long as they are kept away from heat and humidity. Specifically, the temperature should not exceed 70 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity should remain below 60%. Avoid direct sunlight.
Our Delecto boxed chocolates have a 10 to 12-month shelf life from time of purchase if cellophane is unopened. It is recommended however, to consume any boxed chocolates within 2-3 weeks of opening to experience the highest of quality of our chocolates.
3) How should I store the chocolates if I want to keep it fresh tasting for more than two weeks?
To store chocolate for up to eight months, place package in two plastic bags, close tightly and refrigerate.
4) How do I bring the chocolates to room temperature once it is removed from storage?
Keep chocolates in plastic bags until the entire package comes to room temperature. This will take approximately two hours if it was stored in the refrigerator, six hours if it was stores in the freezer. NOTE: do not place the chocolates in direct sunlight at any time. Chocolate is sensitive to heat and will experience what we call blooming.
5) There is some white spots on my chocolates, is this mould?
If chocolate has been stored in temperatures higher than 70 degrees Fahrenheit, it may experience what is called ‘blooming’. Blooming is a whitish coating that appears on the surface of chocolates. There are two types of bloom: Fat bloom and sugar bloom. Fat bloom is the most common result of the fat crystals in the chocolates rise to the surface.
Return to Top
WEDDING AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS
1) Does Ganong have any discounts on large orders?
Return to Top
1) What products are Gluten Free?
Currently all Ganong and Chocolatier products are 100% Gluten Free.
2) What products are Peanut Free?
The following products are 100% Peanut Free: A. B. Gums, Jelly Beans, Spearmint Leaves, JuJubes, Marshmallow Santa Bars, DT Mints, Wintergreen Lozenges, Licorice Babies, Orance & Lemon Slices, Sunkist.
3) What products contain egg?
Assorted Chocolates 187-g and 348-g; Chocolate Indulgence 425-g; Assorted Nut & Caramel.
Please see individual product information regarding allergen statements. Please contact us for more information that you do not find on individual product descriptions.
Return to Top
1) Does Ganong offer factory tours?
Ganong does not offer tours of factory at this time. There are tours of The Chocolate Museum where you can explore the history of Ganong Bros., Limited. There you will also see the Chocolatier hand-dip studio making our gourmet hand-dipped chocolates.
2) How does Ganong come up with ‘new product’ ideas?
Hand-dip artisans at the Chocolatier studio constantly creating recipes for new products that would be sold exclusively at our Chocolatier boutique and online.
We also have a Product Development team that is dedicated for continued knowledge on confectionery trends.
Join our Club 1873 for your chance to first receive all new product launches www.ganong.com/club1873
3) How can I apply for work at Ganong factory or Chocolatier Boutique?
For a listing of all current openings at Ganong visit our Careers page. This area of the site includes a list of current job openings, submission deadlines and the ability to submit your resume and application form online www.ganong.com/careers
4) Where can I buy Ganong products in retail stores?
Ganong branded products such as Delecto, Chicken Bones and Fruitfull are sold nationally across Canada at various grocery, mass merchandisers and drug stores. To find out where our products are sold near you please contact us at 1-888-270-8222.
5) What is Ganong’s policy on Donation requests?
Return to Top