Chicken Bones Gluten Free Brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Makes: 24 servings
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) gluten-free cocoa powder (approx.)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- 10 oz (300 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ground pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 24-cup mini muffin pan and dust with cocoa powder; set aside. Whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt and baking powder; set aside.
In heatproof bowl with rim slightly larger than rim of saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved; let cool slightly.
Stir in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Stir in vanilla, then almond flour mixture; spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until only a few moist crumbs adhere to cake tester when inserted into centres; let cool completely in pan.
Ganache: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until simmering; pour over chopped chocolate in bowl. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk just until smooth (do not over whisk). Let cool to room temperature or until thickened slightly.
Remove brownies from pan. Top evenly with Chocolate Ganache and garnish with Ganong Original Chicken Bones®. Let stand until chocolate is set.
TIp: If you don’t have almond flour, process almonds in a food processor until finely ground; sift to remove any large pieces.