Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Makes: 12 servings
- 2 pkg (each 8 oz) brick-style cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 18 Ganong Chicken Bones® Nougat
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ground pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Combine pecans, coconut, butter, brown sugar and cocoa powder; divide evenly into bottom of cups, pressing down to form crusts. Bake for 10 minutes or until firm.
Beat together cream cheese, sugar and salt until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Beat in vanilla; spoon over bases. Cut 12 Ganong Chicken Bones® Nougat crosswise into thirds; press three pieces into each cheesecake.
Microwave jam for 10 seconds or until slightly loosened. Dollop 1/4 tsp
(1 mL) raspberry jam into centre of each cheesecake. Using toothpick or knife, swirl to marble.
Bake for 20 minutes or until firm but not cracked. Let cool; refrigerate overnight. Halve remaining chicken bones lengthwise; use halves to garnish individual cheesecakes.
Tip: To make a quick raspberry purée, purée 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries with 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar in food processor; press through fine sieve and discard seeds.